Autumn 2018 Sewing Plans


Hi guys,

Today I am back after a very long break with my autumn 2018 sewing plans. My absence from the blog is a combination of finishing my final year of uni (eeekkkk!), troubles with uploading images efficiently and my dog passing away. Hopefully now that I have finished uni, I will be able to upload more often.

During the summer, I have been gathering inspiration of items I want to sew this autumn, so I thought I would share these ideas with you!

1. Black midi or 3/4 length dress: My mum will probably complain at me for making a black dress but oh well. My mood lately has been wanting me to wear a black dress so I thought this would be the perfect season. I've already made a similar dress with buttons down the middle and it was also form fitting, so the pattern is sorted out.... just need black fabric.


2. Leopard print wrap skirt: For some reason, I've been craving a leopard print wrap skirt. Yep Leopard print..... when was the last time I wore leopard print.... have I even owned something with leopard print. All I know is I want a leopard print wrap skirt. I want the fabric to be more like the second image, a bit dark and the print to be smaller so that it isn't too over the top. I've already got a wrap skirt pattern ready which is REALLY fast to sew up, hopefully can get a tutorial for it up.

3. Off the shoulder wrap shirt: Bit more out of my comfort zone in terms of pattern construction. Not sure how the top will stay off the shoulder without using elastic and whether it will keep falling off. But I really like the look of it and would be great for a night out. I already have some fabric I could use. Will keep you guys updated with how it goes!

4. Paperbag pleated trousers: Now this is a love-hate relationship. For your information, the first image is from the Style Arc Tully trousers. Why love-hate? I've tried making these trousers before and my first attempt was pretty good, but for some reason all other versions I've made haven't turned out good! The fit is the main problem for me; I want it to be fitted around the upper thigh and bum but tapered below the knees. Maybe I need to just buy the pattern but I really want to learn about it myself. I was thinking of a dark grey colour similar to the second image which would be great for autumn! 

5. Red polka dot wrap dress: Yep it's autumn and yep I want a red polka dot wrap dress. I've been dreaming (dreaming is an understatement) of this dress for maybe a year now and I still haven't made it. I just can't find white polka dot of red viscose fabric anywhere! Well I have found it but too expensive, so I'm literally hunting it down. Might even see if the charity shop has this sort of fabric.

6. Wrap Top: Similar to number 3, I want to make a wrap top which has a tie belt at the waist. I think a mustard colour would be great for autumn, but I also have a floral oriental print which would could go with it as well. 

7. Saree blouse: A new challenge I have taken up is making a saree blouse. My grandma (known as Baa) has taught me the basic blouse construction so I am hoping to start making my own one. Since Diwali and Navratri is coming up, I need to make the blouses up fast. I've been watching some Youtube videos as well which has been useful. So far I only know how to make up a blouse which buttons up at the front, so I now need to figure out how to make one which buttons at the back (doesn't sound hard but the pattern pieces and where the darts sit will be different). 

8. Repairs and Alterations: I have quite a few (what a lie...... a ton) of alterations I need to do. 
  • Dress that needs to be hacked into a top ~ quick
  • 3 cami tops which need to be tightened ~ quick but boring
  • Dress that needs to be tightened~ long
  • Buttons to be placed on top ~ quick

So these are the upcoming projects I have so far. Quite a few need the fabric bought for them so that might take a while, but I think for now the saree blouse and alterations will be priority!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGER 195K1 Industrial Sewing Machine

My Latest Make: DIY Maxi Dress

Why YOU need to get into sewing!