Welcome to the blog, Ravina the Seamstress

Hi everyone,

I started sewing back in 2012 and more importantly during the summer. It was boiling hot and I wanted a pair of shorts to wear. I was watching a Youtuber and she was showing her haul of clothing she bought from Primark and she bought about 12 pairs of shorts which were £12 each! I remember thinking to myself "I want a pair of shorts!". I felt bad investing £12 into just one pair of shorts especially if it was Primark quality. But ever since I was little my grandma who we call Baa in our culture, would always give me off cuts of fabric. I decided I would watch a Youtube video on how to make a pair of shorts. Unfortunately I don't have a photo to show you what they looked like but all I can remember is that they fitted around the leg but as soon as I bent down, I had realised I hadn't taken into account that I had a bum! Nevertheless it motivated me to carry on sewing and get the fit correct! And that's how my sewing journey started!

My aim of this blog is to not only show pieces of clothing I've made but also to show DIY tutorials, Friday Tips on sewing and I have a bunch of Christmas inspired decorations which I want to post.

Hopefully I can post at least once a week and maybe more during the holidays when I come back from university! Thank you for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGER 195K1 Industrial Sewing Machine

My Latest Make: DIY Maxi Dress

Why YOU need to get into sewing!